Friday, August 2, 2013

flower garden magnets {DIY}

flower garden magnets 2
Remember the flower magnets from my last post? They're super easy to make, but I decided to give you the how-to anyway.

making cabochons
I made the flower cabochons with white clay in silicone molds. I bought my molds from MoldMuse on etsy, and they work great. You can bake them in the oven, but since I usually make several cabochons at a time, I have a different technique. After you fill the mold with clay, put it in the freezer for a few minutes until the clay hardens, then you can pull it out without changing the shape and use the mold again!

clay magnets
After you have your flowers made, all you have to do is paint them and glue on a magnet!

flower magnets
These would be so cute to give as a gift if you make a little set of them and wrap them up pretty!

clay flowers
Another idea; instead of magnets, you could glue pushpins or brads to the back of them to make lovely office supplies!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Happy Weekend! ♥

Font used in top photo: Birmingham

9 comments :

  1. I love the colors you used to paint the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your flowers, they are fantastic!! And like the colour combination you choosed to paint them. Which type of colours you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ♥ I used basic shades of pink, orange and blue acrylic paint but made different shades by mixing a little white (or other colors) with them. :)

      Delete
  3. With such a large amount of ideas out there, the foremost time intense issue of getting a garden is sorting through all the ideas to seek out the proper one for you.

    ReplyDelete